Does this not look amazing? And so easy to make too!
What I Love About This Dish:
- You can make it ahead of time and serve it room temperature
- You can change up the vegetables according to what’s seasonally available
- Great side dish that goes with anything
- Easy meal prep that you can use for other meals
- You can serve it plain, over couscous, quinoa or with brown rice
- Great for company
- It’s delicious!
I’d love to hear what your favorite vegetables are to roast!
Please feel free to share in the comments below 🙂
Roasted Vegetable Medley
- 2 Japanese eggplants (or use a regular eggplant)
- 1 large red onion
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 red pepper
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 2 tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Peel the sweet potato and wash all the vegetables. Cut into chunks and try to have similarly sized pieces so they cook evenly. Add all the prepped vegetables to a large mixing bowl.
Whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and spices in a small bowl. Add to the cut vegetables and mix well until all the vegetables are coated.
Arrange the vegetables on a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and try not to overlap them.
Bake for 45 minutes or until the vegetables are browned and slightly caramelized. Serve warm or at room temperature.