I love the weather in September – it’s not too hot, not too cold, it’s just right! And what a great opportunity to take yourself outdoors and go for a walk!
Even if you already exercise on a regular basis, walking will just complement it. I know, some of you just don’t exercise, don’t like it and don’t want to know from it. But the truth is, everyone can benefit and should participate in some form of exercise and walking is a great place to start.
Remember – there’s no rule that says you need to walk for an hour or even half an hour or speed walk. Take 15 minutes to walk around your block, down your street or even around your house. I think that the hardest part is to just commit to doing it and getting rid of your excuses. I know about excuses because I have them too!!
Here are 5 great ideas to help you get started:
- Get a partner to walk with so that you can encourage and count on each other.
- Use a pedometer, a Fitbit tracker or your favorite app as a motivational tool to see how many steps you are taking.
- Keep your running shoes by the front door – out of sight, out of mind.
- Bring your running shoes to work – no more excuses.
- Form a ‘walking lunch time group’ at work.
You have this! Sometimes all we need is a little push and I promise you, you won’t be sorry that you went for that 1st walk 🙂
I’d love to hear from you! Do you walk on a regular basis?
Do you have any other tips on how to get started? Please share them in the comments below!!