Parchment paper is one of the best inventions ever! I use it in baking to line cake pans and as paper liners for muffins. I also line baking sheets with them too and it makes clean up a breeze. So many uses for it, but I’m wondering if you have you ever used it to bake fish? If you never have, I swear, it’s the easiest thing and fish comes out so delicious this way.
I love sea bass but to be honest, the only reason I bought a whole fish was because the person behind the counter completely cleaned it and removed the head and tail for me 🙂 With outdoor bbq season being over, I needed to figure out how to cook a whole fish indoors so I decided to try parchment paper. This recipe is so easy and I’m positive that once you make it, you’ll start to experiment with different spices and try salmon and other white fish this way too!
I’d love to hear from you ! Do you use parchment paper when baking your fish?
How do you make it? Please feel free to share your ideas and tips in the comments below:)
Mediterranean Sea Bass
- 2-3 lbs. small sea bass, cleaned and gutted but whole
- A touch of salt
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin Greek olive oil, plus extra for oiling the parchment paper
- Juice from 1/2 of a fresh lemon
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, cut into thick rings
- 1 medium firm, ripe tomato, cut into thin rings
- 2 garlic cloves cut into very thin slices
- 1 fresh lemon, sliced
- 1 green onion (scallion), sliced lengthwise
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Sprinkle the fish with salt. Cut a large square piece of parchment paper and brush with a little olive oil.
- Place the fish in the center of the parchment. Sprinkle each side of the fish with lemon juice and salt.
- Place the green onion, 1/2 of the garlic slices and two lemon slices inside the fish. Evenly distribute the sliced onion, tomatoes, lemon and garlic slices on the side of the fish. Sprinkle with pepper, parsley and 1 tbsp. olive oil.
- Fold up the sides and roll in the edges to form a parcel. Place in a glass baking dish. Bake the fish for 30 minutes.
- When done, remove from the oven and let sit covered for 10 minutes.
- Carefully open the package when ready to serve.