And this is what you get when you start chopping up different colored bell peppers!
No matter how much food is prepared for our Friday night family supper, there’s always room for a salad. At least that’s what I say! I had so much food last week and I knew if I made a big traditional green salad, it wouldn’t have even been looked at and passed around.
So, at 5:00 pm, I decided to chop yellow, orange and red peppers and put them in a bowl. Before I knew it, I had a great tasting salad and even a bit leftover for the next day.
Easy peasy, no fuss salad. You can swap the ingredients, add chopped tomatoes, celery, red onion – whatever you have on hand works. The point is, just make it 🙂
Check Out These Other Easy Recipes
What’s your five minute easy salad mix?
I’d love to hear so please share in the comments below:)
Easy Chickpea Salad
- 1 each of yellow, red and orange bell pepper, cleaned and chopped
- 2×19 oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 mini cucumbers, diced
- 1 tbs. white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tbs. of your favorite dried herbs mix (try a mix of dried oregano, chives, thyme, onion and garlic powder)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Put the chopped peppers, chickpeas and chopped cucumbers in a medium serving bowl and mix well.
In a small bowl whisk together the vinegar, olive oil and dried herbs. Pour over the salad mixture and toss well to combine.