Do you snack at night or have you never got into the habit and just drink tea? At my house there’s always someone asking me “What’s for snack?”
One of my favorite snacks is Chapman’s frozen yogurt. But if I eat it every night, I find that my sugar cravings kick in and one bowl is not enough. Salt or sugar cravings don’t just magically disappear, but if you eat healthier and change up your snacks with healthier options, you can keep it at bay.
Here are some ideas:
• Create your own yogurt parfait with layers of yogurt and fresh fruit – top with a spoonful of your favorite dry cereal or a tablespoon of nuts
• Small bowl of fresh fruit with sliced almonds or pieces of dark chocolate
• Popcorn – give it a little zing and add spice to it
• 1/2 cup – 3/4 cup of your favorite frozen treat – alone or with some fresh fruit
• Fruit smoothie
• Homemade muffin
• 2 squares of dark chocolate
• Small bowl of cottage cheese mixed with fresh fruit
• Herbal tea
• Unsweetened applesauce
• Baked apple
• A glass of milk
As always I’d love to hear from you!
What’s your favorite snack at night? Please share in the comments below!