Now that we’re in Spring/Summer mode, do you find yourself putting off things that you said that you were going to do just as soon as the weather started getting nicer?? I have those ‘mental checklists’ of things that I want to do… Should I tell you how embarrassed I am that I still have long sleeved sweater dresses in my bedroom cupboard!!!
I start off with good intentions, but then I get side tracked along the way. And what does this have to do with being a little more health conscious and eating a little better? When I do things on my ‘list’ and feel like I accomplish something, I just feel more positive – have more energy and I end up making better food choices. Do you ever feel that way? You can:)
Here’s my idea: Use my list below as a base – add or delete what doesn’t pertain to you. Add some graphics and bright colors to your list and then PRINT IT!!! The trick is to place your list where you’ll see it so when you’re diddle daddling and don’t have the oomph to do ‘something’ – you’ll see your list and will get inspired:) I hope you know that when I talk to ‘you’, I’m talking to me too!!! 🙂
My Summer Checklist:
- Take a walk outdoors
- Arrange my shoes so I actually can find a pair of flat sandals!
- Instead of meeting a friend for lunch, plan to explore a different part of the city by foot
- On a rainy day (yes, it will rain!) go through my cupboard/drawers with the intention of making a bag (or several) to donate
- Weed my garden and tend to my herbs more often
- Read outdoors
- Go for a bike ride along the Lachine Canal with my husband Charles (are you reading this!)
- Walk outdoors (I tend to put it off and it needs repeating!)
What do you think? What activities do you do in the Summer months and/or what would you like to do?
As always, I’d love to hear from you so please leave your comments below:)