If you’re looking for something fresh, healthy and easy to make – this salad is for you! Not only does it look so beautiful with all the different colors of the tomatoes, everyone in my house likes ALL of the ingredients!
Easy ingredients + fresh herbs + simple dressing = great taste! This has all of the makings of a great salad that can be added to whatever you’re serving. If you’re a large group, just add more veggies and dressing if needed. Simple enough! Enjoy:)
Are tomato and cucumber salads part of your meals? I’d love to hear about it.
Please feel free to share your ideas and tips in the comments below!
Colorful Tomato and Cucumber Salad
- 1-2 pounds of assorted cherry, grape, zima tomatoes, in different colors
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sodium reduced tamari
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and fresh pepper, to taste
- Handful of fresh basil, chopped
Slice the tomatoes and put into serving bowl. Add the cucumber and onion slices and toss.
Whisk together the tamari, rice vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour some of the dressing over the salad and mix well. Use more if needed.
Garnish with fresh basil and serve.