When the days are dark and it looks pretty bleak outside, salad is the last thing that I want to eat. I mean it’s green and healthy and provides all kinds of nutrients and vitamins, but seriously, it’s not always appealing when the weather makes you feel blah.
What to do…what to do??
I’ve got great ideas for this!! Why not add some different textures, colors and tastes to your salad?? It may be just the thing that you need instead of a salad with just the basics.
Here are some ideas:
- Strawberry, blueberry, pear, apple or orange slices
- 2 tablespoons of chopped dried fruit
- Have you ever tried adding shredded coconut?
- Edamame beans
- Shredded purple and green cabbage
- Sliced or spiralized beets
- Chopped fennel
- Chunks of avocado
- Grate a hard boiled egg on your salad
- Crumbled feta or goat cheese
- Roasted veggies
- Roasted butternut squash or sweet potato
Anything sound good to you? Just remember to watch your portions with some of these ‘add ins’ because a handful of this and a handful of that, can add up to way more than you anticipated!
I’d love to hear from you!!
Now that I started this list, please continue and share your favorite things to add in your salad!