Are you bored of BBQ’s yet? I’m not! But I could see how easy you can be if you have the same thing over and over again.
BBQ’s are not just for meat anymore! Have you ever tried barbecuing fruit? Just delicious!! And the thing is, it’s so satisfying that it really helps if you have a sweet tooth but want to eat ‘healthy’! Noooo it’s not ice cream, but grilled peaches or pineapple on the bbq… mmmmm:) And don’t forget veggies on there either!
Here’s a few ideas to get you started:
– Grill fruit: cut oranges,strawberries, pears, apples, peaches, watermelon or fresh figs in half and grill cut-side down. Eat as is or use in salsas or in salads.
– Grill pineapple rings – use it to dress up your hamburgers
– Brush thick slices of fennel bulbs with olive oil and grill.
– Spice-rubbed carrots: roll peeled carrots in cumin, salt, pepper and brown sugar. Char, then move them away from direct heat and cover the grill until carrots are tender.
– Grill tomatoes, any size, until hot and lightly charred but not bursting. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and serve with fresh mozzarella.
– Grilled guacamole: Halve and pit avocados; lightly char them, then scoop out the flesh. Grill halved red onion, too. Chop, combine, add tomatoes, lime, garlic and spices.
– Grill corn on the BBQ – use leftovers in salad or create a salsa with avocado and cherry tomatoes cut in half.
– Grill bright colorful vegetables and use them with your meal or in salads.
– Make pizza on BBQ – Flatout bread, tomato sauce, shredded cheese, veggies – add a salad!
These are just a few ideas! Monday I’ll be sharing a salad that has grilled peaches in it! Peaches are in season now, why not give it a try?
I’d love to hear from you! What do you grill on the BBQ?
Please share your ideas and tips in the comments below!!