Unfortunately it’s not as simple as that. Water can help you reduce your caloric intake because sometimes you really aren’t hungry, but just thirsty, possibly even a little dehydrated. Think about it, if you had a glass of water before eating that snack, you may realize that you really aren’t hungry at all! Definitely something to consider…
Drinking a glass of water sounds easy enough, but do you find that sometimes you can go through the whole day without having even 1 glass of water?? Time to change that! Have you ever tried adding anything to your water? Here are some ideas that may help you to get into a great habit!
- Lemon slices with sprigs of cilantro
- Orange slices
- Apple slices with 2 teaspoons of cinnamon mixed in the water
- Lime slices with a pinch of cayenne pepper
- Grapefruit slices with a sprig of fresh rosemary
- Cucumber slices with fresh mint
- Strawberry slices
Although my fridge has a water dispenser built in, I find by keeping pretty glass bottles and pitchers of water in my fridge, I set it on my table automatically now. See my picture? I even brought them outdoors the other day!!