I am definitely a list person. I keep past Seder menus and work from those to create a new menu – or at least I try to deviate just a little bit!
My family and guests know exactly what to expect and I don’t like to disappoint anyone. So along with chicken soup, matzo balls, gefilte fish (that’s the only food that is store bought!), pickled salmon, brisket, tongue, chicken, meatballs, turkey, stuffing and we won’t even mention the desserts, I juggle my side dishes and change things up.
- Colorful Tomato and Cucumber Salad – swap the dressing for olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Cauliflower – Leek Kugel with Almond Herb Crust – Passover recipe!
- Fattoush Salad – I swap the pita for matzo and use oregano/ basil in place of za’atar
- Spinach Salad – I add candied pecans, Asian pear slices, red onion slices and a balsamic vinaigrette
- Roasted Sweet and Regular Potato Rounds – drizzled with some olive oil, honey and fresh rosemary
- Roasted Eggplant
- Julienne Salad
- Quinoa Salads – I add fresh herbs, nuts, seeds, dried and fresh fruit
Monday I’ll be posting different options for quinoa salads – be sure to look for it!
In the meantime, happy cooking!!
As always, I’d love to hear from you!
Please feel free to share what your menu ideas are!